LOW CALORIE DRINKS TO ENJOY THIS NEW YEARS EVE
It's that time of year again, drink and be merry! But watch those calories. A typical holiday drink can range from 250 to over 600 calories each plus high fat and sugar. Here are our favorite drinks to splurge on that will fill you with cheer and not holiday pounds.
EGGNOG: 64 Calories (without brandy)
- 1.5 cups skim milk
- .5 cup fat-free half-and-half
- .5 cup pasteurized egg substitute
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 packet artificial sweetener
- .25 cup brandy or rum
Nutmeg (garnish) Combine all ingredients in a shaker or blender, or whisk. Serve cold or over ice and garnish with nutmeg.
WINE SPRITZER: 50 Calories
- .5 cup white wine
- .25 cup pomegranate or cranberry juice
- .25 cup club soda or sparkling water
Combine all ingredients in a shaker or blender, or whisk. Serve cold or over ice and garnish with lime wedge.
GOLDEN APPLE: 97 Calories
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- 1 tablespoon Calvados (apple brandy)
- Sparkling cider to fill the glass
- 1 Red apple slice to garnish
Pour 1 tablespoon vodka and 1-tablespoon calvados over ice, add sparkling cider to fill and garnish with a red apple slice.
Cheers to 2016! Happy New Year!